Thursday, February 5, 2009

AUGH I CAN'T STOP MYSELF I'M SORRY GUYS.

I don't want to be doing this. I know I'm harping, I know I'm trainwrecking, I know she's just some random crazy, I know I should get back to writing about Surgery's penis (large, shaved, and circumcised--and unsettlingly pale, he's not a dark man but that thing is like ice white) and weird kinky stuff and Cosmopolitan Magazine. But I just can't stop! I'm so sorry! I have no self-control!



Twisty: Treating vaginismus is RAEP.

Once again, I totally agree with the gist of this article: it is sick and wrong that we have laws requiring women with vaginismus to be treated. And when doctors force women with this condition to have it treated against their will while they kick and scream, it's an absolute travesty.

...Wait, none of that shit happens because this condition is being voluntarily treated in women who sought out doctors to help them? I guess maybe we don't agree so much then.

And it must be treated, because what good is a vagina that can’t be penetrated? No good!... That’s right. It’s not even a real marriage until Mr takes possession of Mrs’s personal vagina with his engorged dominator.
Well, thank you very much for refuting shit that no one actually said. I think it was more like "gosh, although it does not make her less of a woman or me love her less, we would really like to have intercourse." I mean, the fact that a woman who can't have vaginal intercourse is getting married at all tells you right there that it's not all men care about.

Wait a sec, you’re saying, here’s an idea: if sex hurts, don’t have sex.
Well, sure, and if you break your ankle, here's an idea: never walk again. Ohhh, you'd rather have modern medical treatment? No, no, trust me, you wouldn't really, it's just the Patriarchy making you think that.

And here's the part where Holly gets downright angry and the reason she made this a post:
The Botoxee’s self-esteem gets a big boost once she is able to function again, albeit at diminished capacity, as her boyfriend’s receptacle.. It blows my mind...that women routinely endure pain and discomfort in order to fulfill their destiny as toilets, but fuckin A, you just can’t fight that cultural conditioning.
Yes, women who get penetrated: receptacles. Toilets.

FEMINISM IS THE RADICAL NOTION THAT WOMEN ARE PEOPLE. OR, IF THEY HAVE SEX, TOILETS.

5 comments:

  1. Train Wreck: see, "Twisty"

    "The mere thought of penetration with a penis nauseates me, too"

    Honey, I somehow doubt you have men lining up to offer that service to you.

    Odd... most women I've been with, WANT penetration. Guess they're all just programed by the patriarchy, huh?

    ReplyDelete
  2. There are some women who want penetration. Hell, there are some men who want penetration. If they want it, who is Twisty to say they may not?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Strings - I sure do! I've been so programmed that even when I specifically (and sometimes even sort of open-mindedly) ask myself "do I REALLY want this?" the answer is always "actually, yes."

    Also I note that many mammal species have no patriarchy to speak of but also engage in vaginal intercourse. It's not exactly a recent invention...

    William - A crazy person, that's who!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sometimes I feel like the woman without a country reading feminist blogs, because almost no one's version of reality ever seems to match up with mine.

    I mean, I know a lot of nice, awesome guys who doesn't consider me anything else than 100% human. Some of them aren't sexist at all. Some of them are sexist in little annoying ways (like, for instance, believing women need to be "protected" by men) but ultimately harmless and still nice people. (And that's something I feel like a lot of feminists and anti-feminists alike don't acknowledge. Like, just because you're kinda sexist doesn't mean you're a violent misogynist who beats women. But on the other hand, just because you're not a rapist or a groper doesn't mean you're not kind of sexist in smaller ways, or blind to your own privilege or whatnot).

    On the other hand, I know you've said a lot that you don't get catcalled or groped unwantedly, like ever, and I have to say I'm jealous. While being groped against my will is a RARE occurance, it HAS happened to me before, in the form of MY OWN BOSS sneaking up behind me and putting his mouth on my neck and then saying it was "just playing around" when i seemed distressed by this. I will say I have never been groped unwantedly by a stranger, though, for whatever that is worth.

    That all being said though, I do have to say I prefer you to Twisty because, while I think you sometimes understate systemic sexism, you're much less inclined to judge other women for their own choices and I think you're basically a reasonable person who just doesn't see things the way I do. Twisty seems totally intolerant of anyone who doesn't agree with her.

    *goes back to lurking now*

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow. That was a whole different kind of crazy, there...I tried to read it, I really did, but I could feel the crazy slithering through the intratubes...No thank you.

    ReplyDelete