Monday, March 8, 2010

Classified ad.

Horrible car for sale. Eats money, shits near-death experiences. High mileage, filthy interior, low MPG, full of little surprises. Has been regularly maintained with kitchen utensils and Wikipedia, has had oil changed several times. Only three owners, only two of whom crashed it (the third was crashed into, it wasn't her fault). Minor issues with electrical system, brakes, cooling system, lights, airbags, windshield, horn, wheels, axles, engine. Harbors malevolent indwelling spirit. American engineering.

$4500 OBO.

6 comments:

  1. Aaah, but it does go the distance :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm making a wild guess that it wasn't the car but it was the trailer. Was it a blown fuse, from something to do with the way the stop lights on the trailer were wired to your car?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anon - It was the alternator, and the repair guys and I don't think it was really the trailer's fault; this car has a history of eating alternators (one of its many exciting features!) and just had horrible timing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, the alternator did that? Now I feel old, because I remember an alternator dying on I-84 in NY and driving almost to Hartford on the battery. But that was an 87 VW with no computers ...

    I'll stop now, as I'm sounding like my grandfather.

    Phil

    ReplyDelete
  5. This was at night, grampa, did you do all that with headlights on?

    ReplyDelete
  6. That's what kept me from making it home. I got stuck in traffic and it got dark. Tried driving with just the parking lights but it only went another couple of miles.

    ReplyDelete